Slumdog Academy Award Winner

Wait a second... haven't we seen this before?


People in the slums of Mumbai gathered to watch the most glamorous ceremony of the year by the Academy and the victory of the small film that captured audiences all over the world. I won't cover the entire award show, but I just want to celebrate Slumdog Millionaire.



I told you that Slumdog Millionaire was the clear winner this year, it grabbed 8 Oscars® and rightfully so. And in times of financial crisis and hightened attention to people who have less, the more charm and popularity this picture has. But to me, none of that is relevant, this was the one I've been waiting for since forever. Refreshing and gripping are adjectives I look for in a favourite movie.



It won Best Picture of course, but also
Best Achievement in Cinematography
Best Achievement in Directing
Best Achievement in Editing
Best Achievement in Sound
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song
Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published

Source: The Huffington Post

No comments: